Author Topic: IC7000  (Read 13353 times)

W1FJI

• View Profile
IC7000
« on: July 01, 2013, 09:19:04 AM »
Does anyone know of any problems with the IC7000, pse advise. Thanks, 73,  Art W1FJI

KE7TRP

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: IC7000
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 10:56:05 AM »
The only a few issues I know of is they sound a little flat in factory form.  There is a ham that modifies your microphone and then they sound great.  My Friends used to run hot and he had to sign off to let the rig cool. There is a temp meter on the front panel so you can tell when its getting warm.  A fan of course, Cures this problem.

The other thing is that the band scope is not really usable. It uses the same receiver has the main receiver. So you cannot have the band scope on at the same time as you are receiving. The scope makes a very slow pass across the band. Then stops.  Its not like a 756 Pro icom where the band scope is on all the time if you wish.

I am thinking of putting one in my Truck. Just need to find a good price.
C

N4NOO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 11:02:23 AM »
I have had one in my car for about 3 years.  Works great.  A very nice multi-band radio.  You can see my installation on QRZ or eHam.   Here are a few pix. . .http://s1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc402/N4NOO/

If you can find one for a good price, I recommend it.

Rick - N4NOO

KB5FLA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 10:33:33 PM »
I have been using one for the past year and so far no issues. Some problems reported in early production models seem to have been fixed by the time they built mine. It will run just fine all the way down to 10 volts before shutting down so battery operation works really well. I get good audio reports with the stock mike. Seems to stay cool with even with moderately heavy use. So far everything has just worked except me  ;)   I still have a lot to learn about how to get the full use of all the many features the radio has.