Author Topic: Uh Oh Another New Guy  (Read 19675 times)

K3DAV

Uh Oh Another New Guy
« on: July 10, 2013, 09:00:07 PM »
Hi everyone.  I'm the new meat on the forum.  I got a kind invitation from our fearless leader, KE7TRP, so here I am. 

I am a pretty laid back kind of guy, but I love radio from the mic to the tip of the antennas since I was a kid with my first set of walkie walkies.  I got them for my 10th birthday and palyed with them all day with my buddy.  Of course I killed the 9Volt battery and had to change it.  When I pulled the back cover off, I saw all of those little parts with different shapes and colors.  I was hypnotized.  Right then I knew I had to learn what those parts were and what they did.  I have been a radio freak ever since.

I am from Middletown PA right near 3 Mile Island.  I have heard every joke in the book about that, so please don't start.  I was born in CT 58 long years ago, and I moved to PA back in 1979, just as TMI was about to melt down.  (Welcome to PA, ignore the radiation).

If you want to see my radio and antenna equipment,  go here >>>  http://www.k3dav.com/k3davstationpics.htm

I have a lot of stuff on my website.  To visit, just click on the link below in my signature.

KE7TRP

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Uh Oh Another New Guy
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 06:05:48 PM »
Hi  David.  Thanks for joining the forums.  I am sure everyone will really enjoy reading your website.  Thanks for the info on the DBZ!

C

K3DAV

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 06:22:33 PM »
Glad to be here Clark, and thanks again for the invitation to join.

And your welcome for the DBZ info.  Always happy to help.  Anyone else wishing to check out my article on the Double Bazooka can  CLICK HERE
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 07:46:09 PM by K3DAV »

K5TLF

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 02:08:46 PM »
Welcome!