Author Topic: New member introduction  (Read 12734 times)

KF5LCH

• View Profile
New member introduction
« on: June 26, 2013, 08:34:17 PM »
Hello all, my name is Matt & I'm in S.E. Oklahoma. I've been a ham for a couple of years now & enjoy it quite a bit. I originally got into ham for storm spotting but anymore I like the radio part more than the spotting part.  ;D

I have 2 mobile rigs, a Kenwood TMD710 in my daily driver & a Kenwood TMV71A in my 4x4 Dodge weekend toy. My current line up in the shack is a Kenwood TMD710 on a Arrow J pole @ 30 ft AGL. It works pretty good for what it is. I've talked all over the state when propagation allows. Most of the time it's good for 60 miles give or take. When I'm away from the shack, the 710 pulls digipeating duties as well. I also have an I-gate running to help with local APRS traffic. I'm just starting to play with HF & one of my elmers graciously loaned me his Kenwood TS480 to play with.The antenna is a crude 20 meter diapole wire antenna temporarily set up in the back yard. I was able to work LY5A in Lithuania Monday night on 100 watts & he reported 5-9, so it must be doing the job.

Anyways, I'm still new to radio & hoping to learn quite a bit in the near future. I'm a Kenwood guy if you didn't notice.  8)

Looking forward to seeing this new forum grow!

KF5LCH

K5TLF

• View Profile
Re: New member introduction
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 04:30:28 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

Its new around here but I think you will find good info and even more as time goes by!